Tuesday 20 November 2012

Creating memories

This week, I would have been 37 weeks pregnant - officially full-term and anticipating the arrival of my baby. Instead, we held a small, private funeral to say goodbye to our little boy.

We have created a memory box to hold the few keepsakes we have of Monty:
  • scan photos
  • hand and foot prints
  • a few locks of hair
  • the yellow baby-gro I bought for him
  • ankle and wrist bands from the hospital
  • cot card
  • certificate of stillbirth
  • photos we took after he was born
  • a beautiful felt heart, embroidered with his name and birth date, made by a friend
  • order of service from the funeral
  • a copy of Monty's entry in the babies' book of remembrance at the hospital

We have bought two matching frames to keep a photo of each of our children on the windowsill, next to our wedding photo. I also bought a necklace with a heart pendant to wear every day in memory of my precious baby boy.

With Monty's due date in mid-December, I've had a silver Christmas bauble engraved with his name and the year. It will be hung on our tree so that we can think of him during the season of family togetherness.

1 comment:

  1. It's very strange to read about those keepsakes, when I realise that I have similar things tucked away, only in my case they are to show my children when they are older. I'm sure E (and any other siblings, should you choose to have them) will also cherish these mementoes of their brother.

    I also love the Christmas ornament. The perfect way of making Monty a part of all your Christmases to come.

    ReplyDelete